Wednesday 27 June 2012

Lisa Edelstein

Lisa Edelstein Biography
Date of Birth
21 May 1966, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nickname
Lisa E.
Height
5' 4" (1.63 m)
Mini Biography
Lisa Edelstein began her professional acting career while studying theater at N.Y.U.'s Tisch School of the Arts. After performing in a wide range of productions off and on Broadway, authored and performed the AIDS-related musical "Positive Me" at Ellen Stuart's La Mama, in Manhattan. It was one one of the earliest AIDS-related theater productions.
Lisa gained her first television experience as a host of the cable series "Awake on the Wild Side" (1990). In the last several years, she has fearlessly taken on a wide variety of roles for television. She played a call-girl girlfriend on "The West Wing" (1999), David Conrad's sister on "Relativity" (1996), the transsexual boyfriend of James LeGros on "Ally McBeal" (1997) and an Orthodox Jewish woman on "Family Law" (1999). She also played James Spader's love interest on "The Practice" (1997), and has had numerous other TV roles and guest appearances.
Her latest and current role is that of hospital administrator Dr. Lisa Cuddy, in the hit medical drama "House M.D." (2004).
IMDb Mini Biography By: Estalt957@yahoo.com
Trivia
Lisa authored, composed and performed the musical "Positive Me," one of the earliest AIDS-related theater productions, at Ellen Stuart's La Mama in Manhattan.
She began her professional acting career while studying theater at N.Y.U.
She enjoys writing, composing music and painting.
Played a transsexual on "Ally McBeal" (1997), a sex-obsessed artist on "Frasier" (1993), and a high-priced call girl on "The West Wing" (1999).
Has been a vegetarian since she was 16.
Donates time to the animal sanctuary Best Friends.
Practices Ashtanga yoga six days a week.
She currently resides in Los Angeles.
Has two dogs: Shazam! and Kapow!.
Daughter of Alvin Edelstein and Bonnie Edelstein.
Speaks some Spanish.
Her father, Alvin Edelstein, was a pediatrician.
BFA in Drama - New York University, Tisch School of the Arts (1988).
Lisa was raised in Wayne, NJ. She graduated from Wayne Valley High School, class of 1984.
Personal Quotes
The hardest part about being vegan is shoes. I mean, really, that's the only difficult part, finding shoes that don't have leather on them.
I think it's really important for celebrities to use their power of money and fame to get their voices out there. It's funny to me that we're expected to keep quiet just because of who we are. Why do I lose my right to speak my mind because I'm famous? People criticize Michael Moore, Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon for standing up for what they believe in, but that's what they do. They never pretended to be anyone else.
There are so many good roles for women out there, I don't understand it when people say the role choices are fewer as you get older. I find the opposite to be true -- there are less good roles out there for the hot 20-year-olds because the normal girl parts just aren't interesting.
I was one of those people who was literally famous for doing nothing . . . I was always a part of the club scene in New York and eventually was able to produce my own musical about AIDS ["Positive Me"] because of the audience and press I received as a club kid. Eventually I was called in to screen test for this MTV show because word was out I was this neat club kid turned playwright. I got the job and basically was humiliated on the air every day. I'm an actor, not a hostess. It was horrifying. I had all this baby fat, so I was just HUGE on camera . . . I still can't watch one frame of the show. Then I got all this hate mail because I couldn't play the part right . . . Luckily the show got canceled after seven months. I was so relieved.
Lisa Edelstein
Lisa Edelstein
Lisa Edelstein
Lisa Edelstein
Lisa Edelstein
Lisa Edelstein
Lisa Edelstein
Lisa Edelstein
Lisa Edelstein
Lisa Edelstein
Lisa Edelstein
Lisa Edelstein
Lisa Edelstein
Lisa Edelstein
Lisa Edelstein
Lisa Edelstein
Lisa Edelstein
Lisa Edelstein's Exclusive Interview  
Lisa Edelstein Dancing With Robert Russell  
LISA EDELSTEIN: A Special 2012 Birthday Tribute  
Lisa Edelstein: WHERE DO I BEGIN?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...